*** Audioarcan Is The Authorized Canadain Distributor For Icon Audio UK Tube Amplifier Solutions. *** SPECIAL US $ PRICE ON SALE FOR $1995 US - SALE LASTS UNTIL AUGUST 15th. All Prices Include Tax and Shipping Within Canada and US and Come With a Two Year Warranty Serviced From Our Location in Barrie, Ontario. *** For service in French and Quebec sales, auditions and service please contact Codell Audio - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can be ordered from this website or by emailing us a request for a PayPal invoice at email@example.com. Prices include tax/shipping to any address within Canada. US orders also availablle in US currency by email request.
Icon Audio PS1 MK II Phono Stage - MM/MC Selected by many to be the best tube phono stage amplifier in it's price range and higher. Supports both MM and MC cartridges and mono-stereo with front panel switchs. Seperate power supply for noise reduction. Just an outstanding sound. Hi Fi World refer to the Icon Audio PS1 phono stage amplifier as an "reference standard". For additional information and specifications go to Product Lines Link on this website or www.iconaudio.com.
** See Icon Audio PS1 review in Audiophilia published February 14th. **
All product sold by Audioarcan can be ordered direct from this website or on Canuck Audio Mart and/or Audiogon. Direct from Distributor discounts are offered on all purchasing methods and shipping costs are included with all orders. PayPal availablle - Price: $2895. CDN $2,150. US
Prices include shipping and taxes to all addresses in Canada and United States.
PS1 MKII Phono Stage MM/MC
Now with improved power supply and new cosmetics, and the option of our new MC transformers.
It is well know that valves can sound much better than transistors, this is especially so with LP reproduction. Mainly because:
- The massive overload of valves prevents distortion on highly modulated or worn LPs therefore reducing noise.
- The “warm” sound of valves is well suited to the reproduction of analogue music from LP.
- The huge 40db RIAA difference between 20 Hz and 20 kHz is easier for valves than transistors.
- Our “passive” design uses no “feedback”
- Our simple design uses “hi fi” components.
- We use “hand wired” “point to point” wiring with no printed circuit board.
It is essential that that these precious few microvolts of signal from the pickup cartridge go straight in to the valve without any switches or coupling capacitor in the way to add sonic impurities.
The PS1 has become a “Reference Standard” for Hi Fi World.
Our original acclaimed PS1 design updated and upgraded. Faithfull to the analogue traditions of vinyl.
Moving Magnet or Moving Coil?
Moving Magnet types are generally cheaper, and have the advantage of a high output.
Moving Coil pickups have a low output, they are generally more expensive.
But most hi fi fans prefer MC pickups. The LP original “Master” is cut with a moving coil stylus.
MC pickups need special transformers to give extra gain. We fit our own custom design and made transformers. They have a very smooth detailed sound. These may be fitted at the time of order or after purchase.
The front panel switch then allows you to easily choose either MM or MC input.
Specifications and Features
- Built in volume control, suitable for most power amplifiers
- Stereo/mono switch for lower noise from mono LPs
- Choke power supply
- Separate Power supply for lower noise
- Comprehensive manual supplied
- All hand wired point to point
- No printed circuit board to spoil the sound
- Japanese Blue ALPS volume pot.
- All Triode valves 3x ECC83
- Sensitivity: 3mv for 1.26v output (0.3mv MC)
- Gain MM 53db MC 72db
- Load: imp: 47k MM, 100 ohms MC
- Output source impedance 50 ohms
- Signal to noise level -75db (MM)
- RIAA Freq response 20hz-20khz +0 – 1db
- NO global feedback used
- High quality resistors
- Hi Fi quality audio capacitors
- Silver PTFE audio cable
- Gold plated Input/output terminals